Lunch Program Log question?
As we begin to review the Lunch Program policy, we would like some information on the classroom log that the supervisor completes everyday. Could you please comment on the effectiveness of this communication? Do you have any suggestions for improvement?
6 Comments:
If teachers are not to be involved in how the lunchroom operates, then the daily log is unnecessary. Any problems which arise at lunch should be handled by the people in charge of the program.
By
Anonymous, at 9:27 AM
I am under the impression that lunch supervision problems or concerns are to be dealt with by the parent group in charge of the service. Yes? No? My supervisor does not leave me any notes about lunch concerns. If he wishes me to know of a situation he tells me personally. I like that method because it keeps me on top of the situation. In return he receives quick info about the student (s) in question. He says that works for him.
By
Anonymous, at 12:11 PM
I am under the impression that lunch supervision problems or concerns are to be dealt with by the parent group in charge of the service. Yes? No? My supervisor does not leave me any notes about lunch concerns. If he wishes me to know of a situation he tells me personally. I like that method because it keeps me on top of the situation. In return he receives quick info about the student (s) in question. He says that works for him.
By
Anonymous, at 12:11 PM
I was under the impression that the lunch program had a regulation that supervising parents would not have one of their children in the class to which they are assigned. The lack of application of this policy puts the child and parent under undue stress and makes the parent unwilling to write up a green sheet on students who misbehave as it may be consequential for their own child. Each day I review the log left, but why is it our responsibility to discipline students who misbehave during the lunch period?
By
Anonymous, at 7:56 AM
The lunch log seems necessary in a classroom where the lunch supervisor changes regularly and also it provides documentation for those students who repeatedly require monitoring. So I think it can be helpful. It is not the teacher's job to deal with occasional problems but I think the teacher needs to be aware of persistent problems that the lunch supervisor has dealt with.
By
Anonymous, at 12:55 PM
I appreciate the lunch log and the positive and negative comments submitted. I reinforce these with my students. Also I do communicate with the adult supervisor regarding the behavior of a few of my "newsworthy individuals" to be aware of their progress at this time.
By
Anonymous, at 2:27 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home